ASPECT is a certification program designed to prepare interested candidates for careers in manufacturing by teaching necessary skills for the industry. The payoff for the participants is that any candidate who successfully completes the six classes will have a guaranteed job interview with participating Knox County-based manufacturers, all of whom are seeking to hire for open positions. The program will focus on a variety of topics ranging from technical skills and safety to soft skills and financial literacy that will be taught by industry experts, students will also take a strength’s finding assessment to learn about their unique strengths and how those can apply to a career in manufacturing. After completing the six ASPECT career readiness classes, week four focuses on job skills, where students will receive professional help as they create a resume and prepare for their in-person interviews. The final night of the program is dedicated to in-person interviews with the participating manufacturing companies.
- Ver-Mac Industries
- Schafer Driveline
- Replex Plastics
- Coyne Graphic Finishing
- Eagle Engineering
- Heating & Cooling Products
Each course will be held in person at the Knox Ohio Means Jobs – Opportunity Knox facilities.
Address: 17604 Coshocton Ave, Mt Vernon, OH 43050
This program is for anyone with an interest in manufacturing.
Applications are CLOSED
If you have any questions please call ADF at: (740) 393-3806
- Tuesday, October 5th, 6pm-9pm – Accountability, Attendance, Skills Assessment & Attitude.
- Thursday, October 7th, 6pm-9pm – Strength Assessment & Safety.
- Tuesday, October 12th, 6pm-9pm – Workplace Basics, Productivity & Chain of Command.
- Thursday, October 14th, 6pm-9pm – Onboarding, Human Resources & Empowerment.
- Tuesday, October 19th, 6pm-9pm – Conflict Resolution, Self-Awareness & Confidence.
- Thursday, October 21st. 6pm-9pm – Personal Finance & Compensation Packages.
- Tuesday, October 26th, 6pm-9pm – Graduation, Resume Building & Interview Skills.
- Thursday, October 28th, 6pm-9pm – Interviews with Partner Companies.
Our community offers a rural lifestyle and connects with the Columbus metropolitan area – plus we have some of the finest landscape views in Ohio!
The Area Development Foundation’s understanding of Knox County’s high-quality workforce, shovel-ready commercial & industrial properties, and sophisticated economic development deal-making will impress you.
Since 1957, the Area Development Foundation has helped develop commercial real estate in Knox County. We help market commercial and industrial properties including high-quality “shovel-ready sites” for immediate development by industrial end-users.
In October 2017, the Knox County Land Bank was created, with the Foundation providing operations support and management over its activities.
The Area Development Foundation is Knox County’s economic developer. We are the local go-to source for financial incentives deal-structuring and available property.
Communities in Knox County bring to the table the entire toolbox of economic development incentives & financing options